Drinking plenty of water flushes toxins and ensures that your cells get all of the oxygen they needto functionas they were meant to. Here’s how drinking water affects your immune system.
1) Water Oxygenates Your Blood and Flushes Toxins
Drinking plenty of water ensures thatyour bloodwill carry plenty of oxygen to all the cells of your body. This means that all of your body’s systems will function adequately, because they’ll be getting plenty of oxygen. Your immune system functions best whenyour musclesand organs are functioning best.
Water allows your kidneys to remove toxins from your body. It allows your cells to take in nutrients, and it also allows them to expel waste products. If you don’t drink enough water, toxins will build up, weakening your immune system.
2) Water Helps in the Production of Lymph
Your body’s immune system uses lymph to circulate white blood cells and nutrients to all of the body’s tissues. Lymph fulfills the following functions in your body:
- It carries water and nutrients to the blood, and through the blood, to the cells of the body.
- It carries white blood cells and other immune system cells from the thymus and the bone marrow, throughout the body.
- It removes toxins from the blood.
Your body needs water in order to produce lymph. Without lymph, your white blood cells and other immune cells would not be able to travel throughout the body to fight disease.
3) Water Keeps Your Eyes and Mouth Clean
Drinking water ensures that your eyes and mouth will remain as moist as they need to be. Drinking water allows your eyes and mouth to repel dirt, dust and parasites that might cause infection.
4) Water Helps You Digest Your Food
You need adequate nutrition to maintain a strong immune system. One of the benefits of drinking plenty of water is that it keeps your digestive system strong so that you can properly digest your food. If you don’t drink enough water, you could become constipated, or develop even more severe digestive problems.
Drinking plenty of water also ensures that your cells will get adequate nutrition fromyour blood.
5) Water Prevents and Treats Common Chronic Ailments
Drinking plenty of water helps keep you healthy in the long term. A surprising number of illnesses can be treated or prevented simply by drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day. They include:
- Arthritis and joint problems, since drinking water helps lubricate the joints.
- Depression, since without adequateamountsof water your brain can’t produce enough seratonin.
- Insomnia, since your brain needs water to produce melatonin.
- Leukemia and lymphoma, since drinking plenty of water ensures that your body produces adequateamountsof blood cells and immune cells, and that they circulate appropriately.